Rapport Therapeutics, a start-up with locations in San Diego and Boston is seeking an IT and Informatics professional to lead the design, implementation, and growth of our information architecture. This will be a highly visible and valued role as the company builds its capabilities to advance our products through R&D and clinical trials. This individual will manage infrastructure and resources to meet organizational needs and will be responsible for working cross-functionally to identify long-term, scalable, and practical solutions for research, development and clinical as well as business operations. This is a unique opportunity to lead and grow with an innovative start up biotech from inception.
- Provide strong leadership and business acumen to inspire the organization around common goals, vision, and values for IT and informatics
- Define and implement the data architecture and company-wide strategy for data storage, processing, analysis, and mining
- Serve as champion for the management, governance, and quality of data as well as for vendor relationships across the Company
- Communicate strategy to scientific personnel, operations, and senior management to ensure alignment
- Grow the breadth and depth of department expertise to meet short and long-term corporate objectives
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of industry trends and ability to utilize that knowledge to determine the most efficient ways to meet business needs
- Work with R&D team to implement and maintain key research systems and develop and implement computational biology strategy
- Work with the clinical development team to drive clinical informatics and clinical data management
- Develop and implement data integration and analytics strategy across the Company
- Grow and effectively maintain cloud-based computing environment (AWS)
- Set strategy for IT infrastructure and software capabilities by collaborating with others to facilitate business needs definition, workflow design, and integration of scientific processes and technology into effective IT solutions
- Lead the planning and estimation of IT & Informatics projects
- Manage vendors, consultants, and overall budget for data management and IT
- Oversee contingency planning and IT security and compliance by establishing controls and processes in support of data security, PHI, SOX, and other relevant regulatory requirements
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Information Technology or related discipline
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in biotech/ pharma.
- 5-7 years of experience managing and implementing informatics and IT solutions in a start-up, biotech environment.
- Experience at the bench or working closely with bench scientists is desired
- Experience with evaluating, implementing and managing scientific data management platforms, cloud computing (AWS) and IT vendor services.
- Prior experience and record of accomplishment leading cross functional teams and delivering on schedule in a start-up biotech environment.
- Prior experience in successfully implementing, utilizing and leveraging outsourcing strategies.
- Ability to identify impediments to complex business and research issues and provide timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Solid scientific/ technical knowledge to be able to successfully ensure project scope and fit technology for applications, networking, and information systems strategic roadmap and execution of all Informatics solutions and IT services.
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth/change and helps others manage through change.